Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome Home Elder Auger

Dave's brother Josh just returned home from serving a mission in Micronesia-Guam. Elder Auger had a 6 hour layover in Salt Lake before he headed to Pocatello so we met him at the airport and took him to breakfast. We anxiously waited for him bright and early so we could give him a warm welcome. He had warned us previously in an email that he would not be hugging any girls at the airport. Well, I didn't think that applied to me, for one, because I am his sister-in-law, and two, because I am a woman not a "girl." The moment I saw him I couldn't resist but go up to him and give him a hug. It quickly became a side hug and I heard a big "ugg" coming from the poor Elder. I guess the hugging email applied to relatives as well. I have though I was impressed with his efforts to be obedient to the mission rules.

Last weekend we headed to Pocatello for his Homecoming Talk. It was so nice to hear about his mission experiences and to feel of his good spirit. Both Dave and I have been so impressed with who he has become and for his dedication in the field. Well done Elder Auger and Welcome Home.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Are you supposed to not hug family members that are girls. I always thought that was okay!
good job updating the blog, I was wondering if it was ever going to be updated!!
I love Kylie's smile, it is so cute and her whole face smiles when she does.........
So we need to go out soon :)