Sunday, September 21, 2008

Have My Cake and Eat It Too

So my friend Brenda and I signed ourselves up for a cake decorating class at Michael's. It is so much fun except there's only one problem. CAKE! We are always making frosting and of course we have to eat our homework. We placed a #1 on our first cake so we would be able to see the difference from our last to our first.
This past week was the final cake we made in class. Don't ask me what went wrong but gravity seemed to be working against me. My frosting was yellow instead of white, runny instead of firm and the cake was crooked instead of straight. After baking, making the frosting, and decorating for 8 hours I wanted to have a cake fight in my kitchen. I was caked out! It didn't turn out as good as I hoped but at least it didn't taste that bad.

3 comments:

Nielsen6 said...

Way to go Kierst! I am going to place my order with you for all my kids birthdays!

flynn family said...

I think your cakes turned out beautiful! So fun to take classes w/ friends. :)

The Magic Family said...

Beautiful cakes Kierst! They look too good to eat! And a very wonderful job on Kylie's birthday cakes yesterday! Your classes payed off!