Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bloom Where You're Planted

I have been dying to plant something for as long as I can remember. I have dreamed about someday having my own home, planting a garden and a few flower pots and raising kids. Well my dreams are coming true. I bought a flower pot and called my mom because she is an expert homemaker and gardener. She went through the Master Gardener program and has always been a good one to call for advice. She came up from Sandy and helped me plant the pot shown above. Of course we had to take a picture of the two of us due to the occasion. My mom and I couldn't help but laugh of how ridiculous we looked taking pictures slammed up against the house next to a flower pot. Out of all the years my mom has gardened she had never taken a picture next to her good work. Leave it to me to be the first to be excited about taking a picture next to a flower pot.
I had so much fun planting flowers I decided I must start a garden. During Kylie's naps I would pull weeds and till our rock garden as fast as I could before she would wake up. I'm sure anyone observing would think I was trying to set a new record for the fastest garden planted. I read all the directions and even took out a ruler to measure making sure our garden would have the best possible chance of survival. I planted cucumbers, squash, peas, chives, strawberries, and red and green peppers. I was not sure how many to plant so I just used all the seeds. Apparently that is a lot by the response I have received from others. I now love talking about gardening and find it amusing to discover the tricks of the trade. I'm already calling myself a gardener.

6 comments:

Emmie-Lew said...

GO, Kierst! I love the pot! Your Mama is a flower guru- her yard is always the best in the neighborhood. She's amazing! I love your pot, house, yard, garden, etc. . .

The G-Funk! said...

That is a good pot! Your mom is a master gardner!! You sound like you are having lots of fun.

Nicole Bolinger said...

I totally want to be able to do that too. I wanted to have an extravegant one like yours but I finally gave up and just bought some simple flowers and threw them in the pot. At least I have them! ;)

THe Pot looks great.I'm proud of them!!

Rachel said...

I love the pot too, and of course you are a gardener! :)

The Magic Family said...

Such a pretty flower pot! That is totally not something that I could do, even with the Pro's help!

flynn family said...

Oooh--I am so jealous that you have the gardening resource of your mom! The pot looks FAB & I am so excited for your garden! :)