Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chili Mac


Have you ever heard of Chili Mac? I hadn't until I met David Auger. We were driving to Pocatello one weekend and Dave started talking about how good Chili Mac was. I had never heard of the combination and surely thought I wasn't alone. A wager was on the line and I was betting that most people would not know of the crazy combination. We stopped at a rest stop and I approached an older sales clerk with my bizarre question of whether he had heard of Chili Mac. With a big smile on his face he claimed not only had he heard about it but that it was quite good. This bet was not looking good.

Our pantry was looking a little scarce so I decided to try Chili-Mac. Dave thought it was a monumental moment and stated jokingly that we should take a picture. With a comment like that I couldn't help but grab my camera and take a picture. Dave was thrilled about our dinner and pointed out that our meal only cost $2.00 and stated that he could even "taste the sweet savings." Chili Mac was not all that bad but I don't think I'll venture out for awhile unless my pantry gets the best of us.


15 Reasons to Eat Macaroni and Cheese (without the Chili):

  1. You can still eat it after you lose your teeth.
  2. Some brands glow in the dark for romantic meals.
  3. The noodles don't have feelings (not really).
  4. You can store it in your cheeks for between meal snacks.
  5. Protects your fall if you nod off at the dinner table.
  6. Doesn’t taste like brussel sprouts.
  7. Grows mold very slowly.
  8. You can tell small children it’s yellow candy.
  9. If you hold it to years you can hear the wind rustling through the cheese fields.
  10. Contains no cheese!
  11. Ideal for that new Pasta and Cheddar Diet plan.
  12. Vegetarian! Has no vegetables!
  13. Cheap way to bribe politicians.
  14. Works well with the Heimlich maneuver.
  15. Even if it clogs your arteries the blood can still flow through the little tubes.

Found on http://www.maccheese.com/

8 comments:

Amberly said...

I have never heard of that, and sorry Dave, it sounds NASTY! Mac & Cheese is so gross already and to add Chili??? It's funny that almost all kids love it though and to make it even more nasty mine want me to add hot dogs to it! Yuck! Enjoy your sweet savings!

Rachel said...

I have NEVER EVER heard of chili mac--good try dave!
So we haven't done anything forever, hopefully soon....right?

Rachel said...

ps kylie isn't even going to recognize her mother-in-law to be when I see her again :) hehe

Karen Robertson said...

Just so we are all clear: This is not something Dave grew up with. Our family is no that white trash... We never even had mac and cheese out of a box! We did however have Hamburger Helper mac and cheese with hamburger meat. Now that's tasty!!

Autumn & Chris said...

I am laughing my butt off right now. I don't think I'll ever try chili mac but I really like the reasons below it. That's too funny. Maybe I should make an experiment one day and have my kiddo's try it. They'd probably look at my like I was some kind of crazy lady. Have a good one. Glad you saved some money. hee hee.
Autumn

The Magic Family said...

I have never heard of Chili Mac. I have heard of putting hot dogs in it (another cheap addition), but never chili. But to be honest I think I would rather have chili in it than hot dogs! I love the little top 10 list too! You are so creative!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Are you sure Dave didn't pay off the cashier to win the bet? That is hillarious! Sounds gross to me... but certainly sounds like something a guy would like. Sound easy to make though... I may have to try it. Too funny!

Claudy said...

Guess what's for dinner at the Eckardt's tonight? Just Kidding. The only way I would eat Chili Mac is if the chili was homemade. I can't eat the can stuff. Juck! Have fun swimming with the primary girls next week! They always look forward to activities. As a Primary teacher I get to hear all about it. You guys are great leaders.