Sunday, May 4, 2008

Deal or No Deal

I love the show Deal or No Deal. So when I heard they were coming to SLC I couldn't resist the opportunity to try out. Michelle (my sister-in-law) and I stood in line for 7 1/2 hours to get a 20 second interview with Howie's Helpers. The time actually went by fast as we filled out questionnaires, talked with other people who were as crazy as we were, and snuck out of line to pump while our husbands watched the kids. The energy was high and it is was fun to see how the process all worked. So Michelle and I interviewed with 10 other people giving our 20 second spiel on why we should be on Deal or No Deal. After the interview the girl picked 3 people to move on. I couldn't believe it. They picked me! Michelle wasn't able to move on and I felt like telling them we were a team. However, we both knew if either of us were picked we were going to the show together. They then asked for another 20 second interview and I got the okay to move on again. Wow, was I excited! I couldn't contain myself and I called Dave to inform him I had made it to the last interview. I waited for 10 others to be picked and interviewed with one of the directors having only 10 seconds to sell myself. I spoke so fast and furious I'm not sure the guy understood one thing I said. Later I discovered that 10,000 people had waited in line to get on the show. Nevertheless, Howie hasn't called yet but the entire experience was well worth the wait.

6 comments:

heidi said...

please remember all your little friends when you make it big...

flynn family said...

How hilarious! I want to see you try out for American Idol next.

Rachel said...

love it love it love it! I think American Idol is a GREAT idea!

Sharisse said...

Hi!!!! You looks so great! And your little girl is absolutely adorable! We need to get together with Traci and Laura! I miss you guys and want to see your baby girl!

Emmie-Lew said...

Super FUN, Kierst! I hope you get on the show!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Kierstin... you should have rocked out to Pink for them! They would have picked you for sure! I hope you get on the show... that would be such a crazy experience! You are so fun!